Live Free or Die hard (2007)
- Published: Friday, 13 January 2012 07:39
- Hits: 1570
- Directed by: Len Wiseman
- Other movies he’s directed: Underworld and Underworld: Evolution (ah, that makes sense)
- Notable cast:
- Bruce Willis (John McClane, you might know him as Demi Moore’s ex husband...on that note, how is it that he’s totally ok with the mother of his children being with Ashton? Like, he’s freekin’ John McClane, he would eat Ashton...I just don’t get it)
- Timothy Olyphant (Thomas Gabriel, the bad guy. You might know him from The Crazies or that new show Justified).
- Justin Long (Matt Farrel, you might know him from Accepted, or Drag Me to Hell, but most of you know him from the Mac commercials as the mac guy always making fun of the PC guy who never seems to work right. Weird that that guy can’t ever get his PC to work right, but I’m writing all of this on a PC, designed my website on a PC, edited and tweaked images on my PC, and PLAY COMPUTER GAMES on my PC...for a few hundred dollars less...)
- Kevin Smith (Warlock, you know him as Silent Bob, but he’s also the director and creator of Clerks, Dogma, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and apparently Cop Out, among many others)
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Lucy McClane, John’s daughter, you might know her from Death Proof, Final Destination 3, or may soon see her in a remake of The Thing (very excited for that) or the soon to be released, and I’m not even kidding, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter)
So...right away you will notice two things about this movie. It’s not directed by the good Die Hard director, John McTiernan, and that it’s not rated R, so there will be less blood, less violence, and no “Yippie-Ki-Yay mother fucker.” That right there did this movie in.
Now, I’m not going to say that this was worse than the second one, but it wasn’t as good as the first and third either. One of the main problems was that they tried to be “relevant” or whatever by having John McClane fight cybercrime. Ugh, no. John McClane doesn’t fight cybercrime, he barely knows what a computer is. If someone asked him to fix their computer, he would ask where he should shoot it to fix the problem.